The food truck industry is continuing to grow nationwide, reaching an estimated annual revenue of $1.2 billion. Despite being a new and emerging market, their consistent growth is definitely promising and is still showing significant signs of future growth. As this new sector of the food service industry gains popularity in Boston, more and more food trucks are popping up around the city. Whether you are a local looking for an affordable, delicious lunch; a tourist anxious to explore the new food service market in Boston; or a professional seeking a new lunch spot, here are the most popular new food truck hotspots that are making their mark in Boston’s food service industry.
Pro Tip – To track some of your favorite Boston Food Trucks’ locations, be sure to check out bostonfeed.me for an interactive map of where your favorite food trucks are currently located around the city.
- Redbones Food Truck – Serving up some of the best barbeque in Boston, Redbones downhome Southern cuisine menu is sure to impress. Crowd favorites include their St. Louis ribs, a chopped brisket sandwich, and – for vegetarians – their veggie bowl. To grab some of this Southern goodness, check their website for hours and locations. (https://www.redbones.com/redbones-food-truck.html)
- Roxy’s Grilled Cheese – One of the original food trucks in the Boston area, this culinary pit stop has sure mastered their gourmet grilled cheese varieties. Stop by and be sure to try their famed Green Muenster or Mighty Rib Melt, and you can wash it all down with their housemade lemonade.
- Bon Me – For a bold and fresh spin on Asian cuisine, check out Bon Me’s delicious assortment of Vietnamese sandwiches, rice bowls, noodle salads, or their crowd favorite – the pork ramen.
- Baja Taco Truck – For a taste of west coast Baja, you will need to stop at this food truck. Serving up killer California style burritos and fish tacos, this is surely a refreshing new spot on the Boston food truck market.
- The Chicken & Rice Guys – Craving some Halal street food, head over to The Chicken & Rice Guys. Choose between their rice or salad plates; select your choice of protein with anything from Halal chicken, tofu to gyro meat, then topped with seasoned cucumber and tomato and your choice of homemade sauces for a flavorful dish.
- Captain Mardeen’s Seafood – For some of the Boston harbor’s best seafood, be sure to pick up some of the freshest and most flavorful dishes from this truck. Favorites include their hearty crab cake sandwich, clam roll and fresh lobster roll.
- The Cookie Monstah – Mother of four and founder, Missy Gale, learned her fabulous baking skills growing up with her mom, and now shares her decadent cookies with her fellow Bostonians. Her wide selection includes Peanut Buttah Cup (a double chocolate cookie with a scoop of Reese’s peanut butter ice cream), The Tahitian (an oatmeal coconut cookie paired with coconut ice cream) or The Salty Dog (a salted caramel cookie with totally turtle ice cream).