- ½ lb. (2 sticks) unsalted butter (cut into cubes)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1 lg. carrot, diced small
- 1 ½ celery stalks, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. Loften County® ground pork
- ¼ lb. pancetta, chopped fine or minced
- 4 cups whole milk
- Salt to taste
- 2 ½ cups dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 ½ - 6 oz. cans tomato paste
Let’s get cooking!
Instructions: In a medium stock pot, melt 1 stick of butter with olive oil. Over medium-low heat, add celery, onions, carrots, garlic and bay leaves. Season with salt and cook until onions become translucent about 10-15 min.
Add pork and pancetta and turn the heat up to med high. Cook meat through until no longer pink. Add 2 ½ cups of white wine and reduce until nearly dry and the wine is gone.
Once the wine dissipates, add the tomato paste and cook on medium heat for at least 5 min. Add the 4 cups of whole milk and stir, bringing it to a simmer.
Lower heat and simmer for 30-45minutes, stir sauce every so often so it will not stick to the bottom of the pan. Once sauce is thick, shut the heat off and stir in the remaining stick of butter. Adjust flavor to your liking with salt.
To serve: Pour over pasta and enjoy!